- 24 (Registered)
- (1 Review)
Anyone can become a great leader with practice and learning about leadership. There is no skill or trait that can’t be developed with practice. But as much as developing and amazing leading a youth organisation or a project can be, it’s oftentimes complicated as well. As young leaders, we often have to do so many new things, deal with issues we have never faced, and there’s never enough time to give 100% of yourself. And most of the times, this is all done voluntarily and only with great devotion. And usually after a year or two, a new person will have to take the position and start all over again.
This course will give introduce you how to manage being a leader. It will teach you about leadership skills and mindsets you would have to develop further in order to be a great youth organisation leader, how to handle making decisions in an organisation, how to delegate tasks and responsibility and how to pass on your leadership position effectively.
We suggest you enroll this course second in this platform.
How to get most out of this course:
- Every lesson begins with a question to help you get into the topic. Take time to answer these questions as they help you understand the topic better. We have provided a longer script with every lesson video if you want to learn by reading.
- The quizzes help you check if you have understood the course lesson thoroughly. Every lesson has 1-3 quiz questions based on the materials.
- The forum is for you to engage with other young leaders. We believe you learn best from other youth organisations. So share your experience and learn from others! The forum can be used to ask help or questions on the topic or real life situations as well.
- The exercises help you analyse your own organisation or team and adapt knowledge learned from the lesson right away.
- The external and additional materials give you more in-depth knowledge about the topic and guide you to other materials on this topic if you want learn more.
- This course is part 2 of the whole suggested programme. If you want to learn about all the aspects of a youth organisation and analyse yours thoroughly, start with this course and move on to leadership skills.
- For starting organisations: the courses are a great toolkit for creating a new organisation. Start with this course and its exercises to get the fundamentals of your organisation in place.
- You are always welcome to revisit the lessons and exercises when needed!
- Leadership skills
- Making decisions
- Delegating & responsibility
- Passing on leadership
Introduction Introduction course teaches you about what is an organisation and gives guidance how to learn in this course. If you have already done the introduction section on a previous course, you can skip it. 0/6
Leadership skills 0/6
Making decisions 0/6
Delegating & responsibility 0/6
- Delegating and responsibility: Opening questionLecture4.1
- Delegating & responsibility: VideoLecture4.2
- Delegating & responsibility: Mini-quiz 3 questionsQuiz4.1
- Delegating and responsibility: Forum questionLecture4.3
- Delegating & responsibility: ExercisesLecture4.4
- Delegating & responsibility: Additional materials 30 minLecture4.5
Passing on leadership 0/6