- 70 (Registered)
- (0 Review)
About this course
It is certain – a youth organisation is nothing without its members because they are the ones that create results. But since most youth organisations’ members work voluntarily, the motivation to work in the organisation must be high. Some of the motivation derives from every member themselves, but a lot can be done by organisation leaders and how they make members feel in the organisation. This means an organisation has to recruit members that would most likely be motivated to work in this organisation at first. After the members have been recruited, a crucial step is onboarding – how members are accepted to the organisation and how well they understand what the organisation does and what their tasks are. But to keep members happy, the leaders have to motivate each one of them personally and constantly. A team and its meetings play a crucial role in members’ motivation, because this is where contact with the organisation is the closest. How to achieve all of this is discussed in this course.
We suggest this is the third course you take in our platform.
How to get the most out of this course
- Every lesson begins with a question to help you get into the topic. Take time to answer these questions as they help you understand the topic better.
- We have provided a longer script with every lesson video if you want to learn by reading.
- The quizzes help you check if you have understood the course lesson thoroughly.
- The discussion forum is for you to engage with other young leaders. We believe you learn best from other youth organisations. So share your experience and learn from others! The forum can be used to ask help or questions on the topic or real life situations as well.
- The exercises help you analyse your own organisation or team and adapt knowledge learned from the lesson right away.
- The external and additional materials give you more in-depth knowledge about the topic and guide you to other materials on this topic if you want learn more.
- For starting organisations: the courses are a great toolkit for creating a new organisation.
- You are always welcome to revisit the lessons and exercises when needed!
Introduction Introduction course teaches you about what is an organisation and gives guidance how to learn in this course. If you have already done the introduction section on a previous course, you can skip it. 0/6
Teamwork & meetings 0/7
- Teamwork & meetings: Opening question 1 question10 minQuiz5.1
- Teamwork & meetings: Video lesson 30 minLecture5.1
- Teamwork & meetings: Extra materialLecture5.2
- Teamwork & meetings: Mini-quiz 3 questionsQuiz5.2
- Teamwork & meetings: ExercisesLecture5.3
- Teamwork & meetings: DiscussionLecture5.4
- Teamwork & meetings: References 30 minLecture5.5