- 62 (Registered)
- (0 Review)
About this course
Organisations all over the world have certain characteristics: they have strategies to reach the goals and visions the organisation members have collectively set; they have certain structures and divisions of their members; the people in the organisation agree on certain values and every organisations’ own distinct culture defines how people interact within it.
This course will give an overview of these fundamental characteristics and how they affect your organisation. If strategy, structure, values and culture are not something you have discussed in your organisation, you will also have guiding exercise questions to begin this discussion. The course ends with an insight to change management to help you change, if necessary, the fundamental aspects of your organisation.
We suggest you begin with this course on the platform.
How to get the most out of this course
- Every lesson begins with a question to help you get into the topic. Take time to answer these questions as they help you understand the topic better.
- We have provided a longer script with every lesson video if you want to learn by reading.
- The quizzes help you check if you have understood the course lesson thoroughly. Every lesson has 1-3 quiz questions based on the materials.
- The forum is for you to engage with other young leaders. We believe you learn best from other youth organisations. So share your experience and learn from others! The forum can be used to ask help or questions on the topic or real life situations as well.
- The exercises help you analyse your own organisation or team and adapt knowledge learned from the lesson right away.
- The external and additional materials give you more in-depth knowledge about the topic and guide you to other materials on this topic if you want learn more.
- This course is part 1 of the whole suggested programme. If you want to learn about all the aspects of a youth organisation and analyse yours thoroughly, start with this course and move on to leadership skills.
- For starting organisations: the courses are a great toolkit for creating a new organisation. Start with this course and its exercises to get the fundamentals of your organisation in place.
You are always welcome to revisit the lessons and exercises when needed!
- Strategy: vision, mission & goals
- Culture and values in organisations
- Change management
Introduction Introduction course teaches you about what is an organisation and gives guidance how to learn in this course. If you have already done the introduction section on a previous course, you can skip it. 0/6
Vision, mission & strategy 0/6
- Vision, mission & strategy: Opening question 0 question10 minQuiz2.1
- Vision, mission & strategy: VideoLecture2.1
- Vision, mission & strategy: Forum questionLecture2.2
- Vision, mission & strategy: Mini quiz 2 questionsQuiz2.2
- Vision, mission and strategy: ExercisesLecture2.3
- Vision, mission and strategy: External materialsLecture2.4
Culture & values 0/5
Change management 0/6